I found these fabulous sourdough ciabatta rolls at Fresh Market and had to make a panini with them. There is nothing like a hot, pressed sandwich with gooey melted cheese oozing out! The sweet hot chile glaze (found at specialty kitchen stores) gives the panini a sticky and spicy bite! This sandwich comes together in a flash, and is very filling.
Sticky Turkey and Brie Panini
- 1 ciabatta roll
- 2 tsp. Sweet Hot Chile Glaze
- 4 slices Brie
- 4 slices deli turkey
- 4 slices Roma tomato
- 8 leaves fresh spinach
- Olive Oil
- Heat a panini pan over medium high heat, add olive oil to coat (A panini pan is just a glorified skillet with heavy lid — if you don’t have one, just use a non-stick skillet and something heavy to press sandwich down).
- Split ciabatta roll and spread 1 tsp. of Sweet Hot Chile Glaze on each slice of bread. Place 2 slices of Brie on each slice of bread. Pile turkey, tomato slices and spinach on one piece of bread, top with other slice of bread.
- Place sandwich in hot pan, press down with lid. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until bread becomes crispy and cheese begins to melt.
- Flip, and press down lid again. Cook for another three minutes, or until cheese is good and melted.
- Remove from skillet, slice in half and dig in!!