Remember last time I teased you with a slow cooker recipe but I really cheated?
Well my friends, this is the real deal. I REALLY used the Crockpot for these deliciously simple (and sorta kinda not too bad for you) BBQ chicken sliders.
In addition to being made in the Crockpot, these sandwiches call for FIVE, count ‘em five ingredients.
I gave Julia a bite of the sweet and tangy chicken and she thought it was the cat’s meow. All I could hear coming from her was “Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.” And that’s a cute sound coming from an eight-month-old.
Holy cow. How is my baby 8 months old?
Slow Cooked BBQ Chicken Sliders
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup bottled BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Ray’s is my favorite)
- 1/2 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- slider buns or rolls
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, stir together the BBQ sauce, Italian dressing and mustard. Pour mixture over chicken and toss to coat.
- Cook chicken on low for 4-6 hours, occasionally basting with sauce. Once chicken is cooked through, remove from slow cooker and shred or chop.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir chicken and sauce together. Feel free to add more BBQ sauce if you think it needs it.
- Serve chicken on slider buns.