I cannot tell you how many times I’ve made this recipe. 30 times? Maybe 40? It’s one of the few recipes I know by heart.
Corn pudding is definitely a favorite around here. Any time we have a shrimp boil, cookout, or backyard BBQ, you’ll always find a dish of corn pudding.
In addition to being absolutely scrumptious, my corn pudding is cheap and fast. It’s an “open a bunch of boxes and cans and dump it all in” kinda dish. It’s a winner in my book, for sure!
- 1 (8.5 oz) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 can kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 cup sour cream (I use light)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 stick butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Grease a 9×13 casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients together until well combined. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake pudding for 50-60 minutes, or until the middle is set and no longer jiggles.
- Serve hot or room temperature.
- * The green chiles aren’t spicy, they just add a nice flavor to the dish. You can certainly omit if you like.*