1. Tomorrow is my 26th birthday. There isn’t really anything significant about 26. One year closer to 30, I suppose. That used to sound so old, but not these days. In fact, 26 sounds so young. It’s hard to believe I’ve been married for three years and have a 1 year old. What’s even harder to believe is that by the time I reach 30 I’ll have a 5 year old. Yikes. (Image above from Tandijer Singh)
2. I’ve asked for a wide variety of things for my birthday. The Northface Venture rain jacket, a Hot Tools curling iron (yes, to curl my curls), a new blowdryer and diffuser (mine is circa 2002), and a nice umbrella stroller for Julia. All I really want is a relaxing day surrounded by my loving family.
3. We’re going to dinner with a whole mess of friends tomorrow night at one of my favorite local Italian places called Pranzo. I can’t wait to celebrate with everyone and dig into some cannoli. Sunday we’re celebrating at my parents’ house. No matter how old you are, nothing beats mom and dad’s cooking.
4. Julia starts Mother’s Day Out on August 31st. She’ll be going one day a week- every Friday. The Duke thinks it’s crazy for her to go since I stay home with her, but I know she needs this time to learn social skills. She’ll be the youngest baby in the 1 year old class, having just turned 1. I’m pretty excited for my Fridays “off”!
5. The same day that Julia starts school, the Duke and I will fly to Dallas for the Bama vs. Michigan game. These two college football legends will be facing off at Cowboys Stadium. I’ve never been to Dallas and I’m really excited. Do you have any restaurant recommendations? I definitely want to eat a steak, some BBQ and, of course, Mexican food while we’re there.
6. I’m ready for fall. Really ready. I’m over the 1000% humidity every day. October is the clearest and driest month here, so bring it on!
7. I just painted my nails with Sure Shot by Essie. I love it. It’s perfect for any season, but especially late summer/ early fall. And no, those aren’t my nails.
8. School starts for our local kiddos on the 20th. I helped a friend in her classroom at my old school this week and it made me really miss it. I keep reminding myself I have my entire life to work. Julia will only be little once.
9. In reference to number 5, I’ve scheduled a blow out at Dry Bar before the game. An SEC girl’s gotta look good, you know. I. Can. Not. Wait.
10. You may notice a new and improved look around here next week. Stay tuned for my relaunch and a fabulous giveaway celebrating YOU!