When it comes to zucchini, I feel a lot like Bubba from Forrest Gump. I can eat it grilled. I can eat it sauteed. I can eat it stuffed. I can eat it with pasta. I can eat it in a quesadilla.
I really love zucchini. It’s healthy and tasty and is everywhere during the summer.
I scored the zucchini above through my CSA. I seriously have zucchini coming out of my ears. Instead of just serving it at dinner, I decided to serve it for breakfast too.
Even though these muffins are filled with chocolate chips, they also have a bunch of fresh zucchini in them. Basically, what I’m trying to say is, they’re healthy.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
Published: August 5, 2012
- Yield: 12 muffins (12 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
Recipe slightly adapted from Cookies and Cups.
- 2 cups grated zucchini drained of excess water
- 3 eggs lightly whisked
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with muffin liners and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir zucchini, eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla until combined. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin cups. I used a jumbo muffin tin and a mini muffin tin.
- Bake for about 25 minutes for regular sized muffins. For the jumbo muffins, bake for about 30 minutes, and for mini muffins, bake for about 15. Whichever size you use, make sure muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.