Can we all agree that everything is more fun when tiny?
You know those mini bottles of ketchup and Tobasco sauce that you get with room service? To die for! They somehow always manage to find their way into my suitcase.
Have you ever seen a miniature horse? They’re pretty darn precious. And no, it’s not the same thing as a pony or donkey. It’s a horse. That’s miniature.
What I’m trying to say, in a very round about way, is that I love miniature things. And these mini chocolate chip cookie dough cookie sandwiches are miniature AND delicious. Not sure I can say the same about the miniature horses.
It’s the perfect poppable treat when you’re in the mood for decadent cookie dough. And no egg- so you can eat the raw dough to your heart’s content!
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cookie Sandwiches
Recipe slightly adapted from Two Peas and their Pod
- 1 box mini Nilla Wafers
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in flour, powdered sugar and salt. Slowly add milk, starting with just 1/8 cup. If mixture seems dry, add an additional 1/8 cup. Add vanilla and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Roll cookie dough into little balls and sandwich between two Nilla Wafers. Transfer sandwiches to a plate and freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.