I have a lot of thoughts swirling around in my head these days, so here’s a little word vomit for your Tuesday.
1. It just hit me like a ton of bricks that Julia won’t be my only child for much longer. I’m obviously excited about our new addition, but I’m really quite emotional over Julia losing her baby status. Even though we already spend nearly all day every day together, I’m really focusing on soaking all of her up before #2 arrives.
2. Gotta love how the Hudson filter on Instagram makes my skin look like porcelin in the picture above. I can assure you it doesn’t look like that in real life.
3. I want to start blowdrying my hair and using hot rollers. Any suggestion for a round brush and rollers? Or how to even do this for that matter? As a naturally curly girl this is new territory for me. These brushes and these rollers have come highly recommended.
4. The Duke and I ate at California Dreaming in Spanish Fort, AL this weekend and it was so darn good! Their salads and homemade dressings were suggested by a friend so I tried the hot veggie salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette and the most tender and flaky croissant you can ever imagine. I loved the idea of sauteed veggies on top of a cold crisp salad. I must recreate it soon.
5. Julia has been waking up earlier and earlier each day. We’re talking 5:45 here, folks. I hate to complain because she falls asleep at 7:30 and sleeps great all night, but come on! Some of you have kids who sleep until 8 and I’m a wee bit jealous.
6. The weather has been so nice lately. In the 40s when we first wake up, but in the mid 60s by lunchtime. We’ve been taking advantage of the sunshine and basically living in the backyard.
7. I’m in the mood to get crafty for Spring. Have you seen any easy and inexpensive crafts on Pinterest? Do share!
8. I’m still loving gel manicures. I don’t get them as often as I’d like, because unfortunately I don’t have the budget for it. This was my latest color (Gelish #22) and isn’t it to die for?!
9. I told the Duke I was going to institute Meatless Monday. He can’t function without meat at every meal, but I got him to agree by also instituting Steak Saturday. Marriage is all about compromise, right?
10. We’ve maybe seen 8 movies in the theater since Julia was born a year and a half ago, but we’ve seen two in the last week! Zero Dark Thirty and Silver Linings Playbook. Both were excellent. Jessica Chastain and Jennifer Lawrence are both nominated for Best Actress at the Oscars and I just can’t imagine who will win! The characters are so very different. They both won at the Globes (the Globes divides into Drama and Comedy categories but the Oscars doesn’t) so it will be fun to see who nabs the award.
11. Thanks to Megan I am itching to add more red to my hair. I’m a natural brunette with a hint of red, but I’m REALLY loving the red these days. Megan’s is gorgeous, but I fear it would be too light and too much maintenance for me (I think I look best with darker hair). I’m loving Emma Stone’s shade and am wondering what the upkeep would be. I don’t see myself having a lot of extra time or money come March!