February 20, 2013

Bump Update: 36 Weeks

How far along? 36 weeks

Size of baby: Nearly 6 lbs (which is crazy! Julia was 5 lbs 7 oz at birth) and the size of a crenshaw melon, whatever that is.

Total weight gain: +30 pounds. I think I gained 4 lbs in the last week. Must be those darn Mega Stuf Oreos. :)

Gender: I’ve had multiple dreams lately that it’s a boy…think it’s a sign?

Movement: Tons! All day, every day.

Sleep: Ok. Julia woke up every night for a week when she was sick and coughing. I think she’s back to normal, but I still get up to pee approximately 32 times each night.

Maternity clothes: As if there is any other option at this stage of the game.

Symptoms: Very tight abdomen (Braxton Hicks?), swollen feet by the end of the day, and even a little colostrum (sorry if that’s TMI)!

Cravings: I’m not really craving anything, just eating any indulgent food I can get my hands on. Oreos, french fries, cheese dip…the usual suspects.

What I miss: Champagne, sushi, working out, sleeping flat on my back. In that order.

Best moment from the past week: I just saw the baby on the big screen and all is well! He/she is head down, the brain looks good, heart is pumping, and lungs are working. Also- we have a signed contract on our house!!!!! Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

What I’m looking forward to: Julia’s tubes surgery and Jason’s birthday next week. My OB said he’d check me for any dilation and try to “stir up trouble” next week but I told him no! I don’t have time for this baby to come just yet.

The Duchess

14 Comments

1. annie

February 20, 2013 at 10:59 am — Reply

You look great! I can’t believe you’re already 36 weeks! Time flies!!!! Any word on the house???

2. Sabrina

February 20, 2013 at 10:59 am — Reply

You look AMAZING Molly! Look at you!

I can’t believe all of the changes for your family. Signed contract means the house you JUST put on the market is already going? WOWEEEE. I told you it is my dream house and it must be everyone else’s too! Congratulations and best of luck.

Oh, and my version of your oreos is thin mint cookies :)

• duchessoffork

February 20, 2013 at 11:57 am — Reply

Jason will come to PA and build one for y’all! Or y’all can just move down south to sunny Florida. :)

3. Elizabeth @ The Waspy Redhead

February 20, 2013 at 11:04 am — Reply

Congratulations on selling the house so quickly! Bravo to the Duke for building such a stunner. Stay put baby Carter, stay put!

4. Jen

February 20, 2013 at 12:01 pm — Reply

I gained about 4 lbs this week too. Grow babies, grow!

5. Laura

February 20, 2013 at 12:33 pm — Reply

Those darn Oreos! We have those, too…dangerous. ;) You look great!

6. Danielle K (Lean Green Mama)

February 20, 2013 at 1:56 pm — Reply

You look great! I’m thinking you’ll be having a sweet baby boy :) Best of luck with all of the stuff you have going on in the next few weeks!

7. Emily

February 20, 2013 at 2:19 pm — Reply

You look great! Hopefully Baby C will hang tight for a while longer so you can get all those things finished!

8. brooke

February 20, 2013 at 7:52 pm — Reply

I haven’t commented in forever but you look so great pregnant and praise God for a healthy baby! Can’t wait to know if its a boy or girl! I hope the timing with the house, and the baby is all perfect!!

9. Darlene Day

February 21, 2013 at 1:33 am — Reply

You look great, Molly. I’m thinking you’re having a boy, but it’s like my OB-GYN said 41 years ago when we were expecting Laura’s brother, Joe, and I asked what he thought we were going to have. His answer, “We will know for sure when it gets here.” Every baby was a big surprise in those days with no ultra sounds. Let me know if you get a craving for a sinful dessert. I’ll share one of mine with you. :-)

10. andie

February 21, 2013 at 2:16 pm — Reply

you look fantastic molly and I’m so excited for y’all! I went to show scott a picture of the house online and it wasn’t even up anymore since it was sold! I know that is a huge relief off your shoulders! :)

and if it is a baby boy, I just *might* have some clothes you can have for him! :)

11. andie

February 21, 2013 at 2:21 pm — Reply

oh and I love your necklace! Where from?

• duchessoffork

February 22, 2013 at 7:59 am — Reply

Thanks Andie! It’s from Crystal Faye, an online boutique. She’s on Twitter. She has tons of cute stuff.

12. M @ Perfectly Imperfect

February 21, 2013 at 6:13 pm — Reply

I just found the MegaStuff Oreos and I cannot stop. It’s bad. Yay for such good luck on the house! That’s great!